Thursday, May 7, 2009

Passports have arrived!!!

Hello to all! Yes you are reading that correctly my friends they have arrived. At Ft. Drum that is, but only for a few more hours:-) I got the call on Wednesday at about 3:30 in the afternoon and I think that all of Geneva could have heard me screaming because our house has got quite the echo to it right now! Jackie was there to celebrate with me(even amongst our tears)!
Monday the packers came and took the rest of our stuff to storage, so the kids and I have been living out of our suitcases at my Mom & Step-Dad's house in Weedsport and commuting back to Geneva every day. However this morning we are taking a bit of a detour on the way to school and driving up to Ft Drum to get our passports. Tim is supposed to be at the transportation office in Korea right now making our arrangements to get over there. He is aiming for us to be arriving there next Wednesday, which would put us leaving here on Tuesday morning. Will keep everyone posted when I get more exact information.
This is a bitter sweet time for the kids and I as we are all so very excited to see Tim, but sad that we will be leaving all of our friends and family behind. Our Geneva family is the greatest...words can never express how much all of you mean to us(especially myself). You have helped me go from the lowest valleys to the tops of mountains and been my friend the whole time. Every one of you will hold a special place in my heart for the rest of our lives and we now have a great place to come visit on vacation:-) To our friends that I haven't been so good about keeping in touch with since Tim has been gone I am so sorry and I seriously think of you all the time but when it comes to sitting down and actually being able to call...it has been impossible. The times I think to call are in the middle of the night cause that is the only time I have to sit still. Thank you all for being our friends and we love you very much.
To our family...I know this is going to be a very difficult and emotional transition but I also know that God will help you through it. He has big plans in mind for you that are going to keep you so busy that our time apart will be quick and you will barely have time to miss us. We will be able to talk to you on almost a daily basis, you can eat your dinner while we eat our breakfast:-) Thank you for all of the help and encouragement during the past year as we made this huge decision to first go back into the Army and then the more to Korea. This has been one wild roller coaster ride but I know that God has big plans for us while we are there. We love you all very much and can't wait to see everyone when we return.

No comments:

Post a Comment